Friday, March 1, 2013

Friday Update

I've been seeing a lot of blogs post a lot of different things so I'm going to try and explain what I am thinking for next week region by region.

First, we'll start with Far SE Va and North Carolina:

The way the models are trending together I believe it will start as a rain event for these areas until the storm forms off the coast and begins to "bomb" out. I think it will then move just enough off shore and turn all of Virginia and most of North Carolina to snow, with the exception of the coast in Southeastern North Carolina.

Central and Western VA, West Virginia and Washington DC:

For you this could be one of the "BIG" storms. If you remember back to 1962 when Pickens Notch, WV got 60" of snow and DC had greater than a foot, this could be something like that...but not up to the 60"! I feel as though the "snow hole" is going to fill in for Western and Central Virginia into DC and people will be able to stop complaining!

One of the Meteorologists I follow is Joe Bastardi, he said a week before the the two Plains Blizzards that they were going to get years worth of snow in 10 days...and they did! He is now saying that about this particular region. Now he is not perfect but I do agree with what he saying and what the outcome could possibly be! We will be fighting the Rain/Snow line withing 30-50 miles of the Coast in Virginia for the beginning of the Storm.

I'll have some pretty maps for you sometime this weekend as things will inevitably change but this is my thinking as of now! THIS IS NOT A FORECAST JUST OPINIONS! Forecast will come out as we get into next week! SO DO NOT GET YOUR HOPES UP!

Thanks for reading!

P.S. I'll leave you with this map that shows the World as a whole 0.001C below average for February...can we have count that small amount in temperature? lol


No comments:

Post a Comment